We provide the latest in cosmetic dental treatments in Guildford, Surrey including:
Cosmetic Veneers – Improve your smile by lengthening and reshaping teeth, closing gaps between teeth or repairing chips and cracks. Composite Veneers are very thin mouldings that are specifically made for your teeth. The veneers themselves are made from materials designed to replicate your own teeth and give a natural, bright smile. The mouldings used can vary in material and size and there may be some minimal reshaping of the teeth. The procedure of composite veneers can usually be achieved with one dental visit. Composite resins are bonded to the front of the teeth and then shaped. Unlike other types of veneer treatment, composite veneer will not need any reshaping of the teeth.
Porcelain Crowns – Create a natural looking smile without metal! Most often used for front teeth. Crowns are an ideal restoration for discoloured or broken teeth, or teeth that have been weakened by decay or a very large filling.
Porcelain crowns will require two main treatment appointments:
- At the first appointment the teeth are prepared, impressions are taken and temporary crowns are made using a template. This give our patients the opportunity to trial the planned smile design before the new crowns are made. Any changes or adjustments can be made to the temporaries and reproduced to the final crowns.
- On the second appointment porcelain crowns are fitted. The crowns are polished and bite checked. We then see the patients few days later for a review in order to check that all is well.
Teeth Bonding – Tooth contouring is used to smooth-away chipped teeth or to subtly re-shape or change the length of teeth to give you a more appealing smile. This procedure is relatively quick and inexpensive.
Porcelain Veneers – Porcelain veneers can be used to mask a single dark tooth or as a part of a smile makeover. Computer smile design is used to create the tooth shape and match the tooth colour to the patients wishes.
- When the patient is ready to proceed we will create a study model. Our technician will use computer smile design to create a version of the design so it can be checked for aesthetic and function.
- Porcelain veneers are provided as planned over two main appointments.
- At the first appointment the teeth are prepared, impressions are taken and temporary veneers are made. This will give the opportunity to the patient to try out the design and make any adjustments or alterations before the final veneers are made.
- At the second appointment the veneers will be fitted. The veneers will be polished and bite checked. We will then ask the patient to return in few days time for a review appointment to make sure that all is well.